In this tutorial will show you how to create affiliate banners and where are they located on the user side.
What are affiliate banners?
Affiliate banners are advertising images that can be used by your affiliates to generate sales for your web site. The banners contain special codes that track the sales generated by the affiliates.
1. Click on the eCommerce tab.
2. Click on the the Affiliates then on the Banners menu items.
3. A new page will open.
4. Click on the Add banner button to create a new banner.
5. A new Add banner page will open.
6. Provide a name for the affiliate banner.
7. Checkmark the Active checkbox to set this banner to active.
8. Specify the banner width in pixels.
9. Specify the banner height in pixels.
10. The link is the location to route the visitors after clicking on the affiliate banner. This must be an internal link.
11. Click on the Choose File button to upload the banner image.
12. Click on the Choose File button to upload an SWF file for your affiliate banner.
13. This represents the order which the banner will be displayed to affiliates when they login on their account. Lower numbers has the higher priority.
Where are the affiliate banners displayed?
Once the affiliate banners are created using the administration interface they are displayed in the user's account under the Affiliate Banners section.
1. Login as a front end user.
2. Under the My Account section locate and click the Affiliate Banners menu item.
2. On the Affiliate Banners page a list of banners with the respected embedded code will be displayed. The embedded code can be used by the affiliates to publish the banners on their online marketing materials and generate sales for your web site.