In this tutorial we will go through the steps required to launch a product with two options for color and size and 6 associated SKUs.
1) Before we create a product we need to create a list of SKUs to be associated with the product. Please read the tutorial How to: Add a SKU.
2) Once we have the SKUs we need to add inventory to those SKUs. Please read the tutorial How to: Add inventory to a SKU.
Now that we have the a list of SKUs and inventory let's create a product.
1. Click on the the eCommerce tab.
2. Write the product name.
3. Provide a slug. The slug will be used to construct the URL for this product.
4. Check if this product should be active and visible to the front end users.
5. Check if this product is featured.
6. This sets the order in which this product will be shown in products lists. The lower the value the higher the priority.
7. Write the product description.
8. Provide a style code.
9. This creates the Color option. A dropdown list will be automatically generated on the product page.
10. This create the Size option. A dropdown list will be automatically generated on the product page.
11. Select a default category form the dropdown list or click on the green + icon to create a new category.
12. Hold down the Control, or Command key to select more than one category then click on the blue arrow button to move the categories in the Chosen categories column.
13. Select the site for this product. Hold down the Control, or Command key on a MAC to select more than one site.
14. Select a brand from the dropdown list or click on the green + icon to create a new brand.
15. To edit the advanced options click on the Show link.
16. If this product requires a custom template provide the path to the custom template. By default this product is using a template mata_catalog/product_detail.html. For more information on how to create custom templates please read How to: Use DB Templates.
17. If this product page should have a custom URL write the URL in the text field below.
18. This is the section where we add the product options. Click on the magnifying glass to select the SKUs for this product. Option 1 field in this example is used for the Color option and Option 2 filed is used for the Size option.
19. Next we will add an image for the BLUE product option.
20. We will also add another image for the WHITE product color option.
21. Provide two prices for the customer group -1 and customer group -2.
22. Product attributes are used to add extra information to this product. For example if we need to keep track of the Quick Books product id we can add an attribute called quick_books_id. In the value field we provide the id value that is used in the Quick Books application. Attributes can also be used to create new content sections on the product page. To display the attribute values on the web site some template customization will be required.
23. We can also add videos to the product page. If the video is hosted on video sharing web sites write the share URL in the Oembed code text field.
24. If the video file resides on your local computer you can upload the file using the Choose File button.
25. Upload an image thumbnail for your video.
26. Write a description for the video.
27. If you are loading multiple videos you can set the order in wich the videos will be displayed on the product page. Lower values have higher priority.
28. Related products can be also displayed on the product page. Click on the magnifying glass to select the related products. Click on the Add another Related Product button to add more related products.
29. Meta Data Objects are used for Search Engine Optimization and for customizing how this product page will be shared on FaceBook. For more information read How to do SEO (Search Engine Optimization) in Web Cube and How do I control the appearance of my content on FaceBook?.
30. To show the current inventory levels click on the Load Levels link.