Activating the real time FedEx shipping rates calculation on your web site is a two step process. The first step is connecting your Web Cube installation with the FedEx API (which we are going to cover in this article). The second step is to setting up the shipping rules which is going to be discussed in a separate article. Setting up the shipping on your web site is an involved process and is recommended to contact your Web Cube account manager.
Before we get started please make sure you have the FedEx account number, meter number and password handy. You don't have this information available please contact FedEx customer support. Normally the above information is provided by FedEx after signing up for the FedEx business account and FedEx web services.
1. Click on the CMS tab.
2. Click on the Configurations menu items.
3. Click on the Add configuration button.
4. Click on the FedEx Shipping configuration option.
5. Select the site for this configuration.
6. Select the Live option when ready for production, otherwise select Test .
7. Enter the FedEx Account number. This information is provided by FedEx when opening a FedEx business account.
8. Enter the meter number. This information is provided by FedEx when subscribing for FedEx web services.
9. Enter the FedEx password. This information is provided by FedEx when subscribing for FedEx web services.
10. Select the drop off type your business will use to ship the products.
11. Select the type of packaging your business is using. Click here for more information on FedEx packaging.
This connects your Web Cube installation to the FedEx API but for setting up the real time FedEx shipping rates calculation, shipping rules will also need to be setup.