Activating the real time UPS shipping rates calculation on your web site is a two step process. The first step is connecting your Web Cube installation with the UPS API (which we are going to cover in this article). The second step is to setting up the shipping rules which is going to be discussed in a separate article. Setting up the shipping on your web site is an involved process and is recommended to contact your Web Cube account manager.
Before setting up your UPS API integration on Web Cube, you will need to open an UPS account and have the following information ready: the XML key, the UPS Account number, the UPS User ID and the UPS Password.
1. Click on the CMS Tab.
2. Click on the Configurations menu items.
3. Click on the Add Configuration button.
4. Click on the UPS Shipping link from the list.
5. Select the Site where this configuration will be applied.
6. Set the type of Connection from the dropdown list.
7. Enter the UPS XML key.
8. Enter the UPS Account number.
9. Enter the UPS Password.
10. Select the type of container/packaging your business is using.
11. Selet the type of pickup from the dropdown list.
This connects your Web Cube installation to the UPS API but for setting up the real time UPS shipping rates calculation, shipping rules will also need to be setup.