This tutorial will show you how to process a returned item.
1. From the administration interface click on the E-commerce tab then on the Order Fulfillment menu item.
2. Under the Pending RMAs section click in the RMA number.
3. In the Status section enter the UPC of the item being returned then click on the Enter UPC button.
4. By clicking on the green plus icon we can add notes intended for internal use. These notes are not visible to the customer.
5. The Refund Amount column shows the total amount to be refunded to the customer.
For more details click on the Breakdown link.
6. The Item returned option is checked automatically when we enter the UPC in the section above. If the UPC is not available we can mark the item as returned by selecting the Item returned option.
To return the item to the inventory checkmark the Return to inventory option.
7. An additional refund amount can be added in the Miscellaneous section. This amount can be for example to cover shipping costs.
8. We may add notes viewable by the customer in the Notes text box.
9. Checkmark the Issue refund as store credit to issue a store credit instead of refunding customer's credit card.
10. Click on the Confirm Return button to complete the return.
Please contact your payment gateway provider (i.e. Authorize.net, PayPal Payflow etc.) for any restrictions on the refund amounts and time allowed for a refund.