When customers add items to the cart they practically add individual SKUs. In Web Cube SKUs are used to create simple products, product with multiple options and gift cards.
This tutorial will show you step by step instructions on how to create flat priced SKUs. SKUs can also have tiered pricing which can provide more flexible rule based pricing (i.e. quantities added to the cart or customer groups).
To create a SKU record:
1. Click on the Shop tab.
2. Click on Manage Products menu item.
3. Click on Skus menu item.
4. Click on the Add SKU button.
5. Provide a SKU for this item. The SKUs can be archived but can't be changed or deleted after being created.
6. Provide a Name for this SKU.
7. Optionally an UPC can be provided for this SKU.
8. Checkmark to activate this SKU.
9. Checkmark to make this SKU Taxable.
10. Checkmark to allow this item to be backordered.
11. Checkmark if this item should not be returnable.
12. Checkmark the Virtual option if this item does not require shipping.
13. Select the Flat Price option from the Price class dropdown list.
14. Provide a Price for this item.
15. Select the Currency.
16. Extra information can be added to the SKU by adding Key/Value attributes.
17. Enter the Length/Width/Height/Weight for this item in the Product attributes section. These attributes are used to calculate the size of the shipping box and shipping rates.