Product categories are used to group products and display pages with products from those categories. This step by step tutorial will show you how to create product categories and how mange product category pages.
1. Click on the Shop tab.
2. Click on Manage Products then on the Product categories menu items.
3. Click on Add product category button.
4. Write a category Name.
5. The Slug is used to construct the URL for this category.
6. Click on the magnifying glass select a parent category. If this is a main category then leave this field blank.
7. Checkmark to make this category Active.
8. Product categories with lower values have higher priority. Products categories with higher priority show to the top of the category menu which is usually displayed on the left side of the shop pages.
9. Click on the Choose File button to add a banner for this product category.
10. Select the site where this product category will be shown.
11. Click on the Show link for Advanced Options.
12. To use a custom template for this product category write the name of the custom template in this text field.
13. This field is used to create a custom URL for this product category. This feature can be useful for marketing purposes.
14. Custom key/value attributes can be created using the Product category attributes section.
15. This section is used for search engine optimization and for controlling how this product category will be shared on social media networks.