Bundling discounts are used to create BOGO - Buy One Get One type of discounts. For example if product one is added to the cart product two will receive a particular discount.
First lets create a coupon code. Creating a coupon code does not automatically provide a discount. The discount information needs to be provided separately, and that's exactly what we are going to do after completing the coupon code information first.
Create a coupon
1. For that click on the Shop tab.
2. Click on the Discounts / Coupons the on the Coupons menu items.
3. Click on the Add Coupon button.
4. Provide a Name for this coupon.
5. A coupon code is automatically generated but a custom code can be added. This is the code that will be used by the customers during the checkout process.
6. Write a description.
7. Various rules can be applied to the coupon.
9. For example if we need this coupon to become active just to the US customers, select the ordercountry option from the subcondition dropdown, click on the Add link and select the country from the dropdown list. As a side note, similar rules can be also applied when creating discounts (a subject we will cover shortly in this tutorial).
10. Checkmark this option if this coupon can be combined with other coupons during the checkout.
11. This is where we can specify the minimum amount of items that needs to be added to the cart for the order to qualify for this coupon.
12. To set a limit on the amount of times this coupon can be used set value in the Max uses text field, otherwise to have no limit on the amount of times the coupon can be used leave the filed blank.
13. To set a limit on the amount of times this coupon can be used based on the cusomter's credit card number set a value in the Max uses per card text field, otherwise live the field blank.
14. Set the date and time when this coupon will become active.
15. Set the date and time when this coupon will expire.
16. Select the sites where this coupon will become active.
Create a Bundling Discount
17. Now that we have a coupon code let's create an Bundling Discount.
18. Write a short description. This will be displayed during the checkout process.
19. Set the discount value.
20. Select the Discount type from the drop down list. The Percentage option will offer a percentage off the product price. If selecting the Fixed Price option the discount value will become the value added in the Discount text field. If selecting the Absolute value the product price will become the value added in the Discount field.
21. Set the priority for this discount.
22. Checkmark if no other discounts will be applied after this one.
23. Set a value to limit the number of discounted product per order. If the value is set to 0 then there is no limit.
24. This is the number of qualified items required to purchase in order to receive the discount. If value is set to 0 then there is no restriction on the number of items that need to purchased in order to receive the discount.
25. Next we need to set the rules for the qualified items.
26. Select the subcondition and click on the Add link.
27. Provide a list of qualified products.
28. Set the number of items to be discounted.
29. Set the rules for the discounted items.
30. Select the subcondition from the dropdown list then click on the Add link.
31. Provide a list of SKUs to be discounted (separated by commas).