This tutorial will show you step by step instructions on how to create coupon codes. Coupon codes are used along with various types of discounts or for creating affiliate coupons which help your affiliates track their their sales and commissions.
1. Click on the Shop tab.
2. Click on the Discounts / Coupons the on the Coupons menu items.
3. Click on the Add Coupon button.
4. Provide a Name for this coupon.
5. A coupon code is automatically generated but a custom code can be also added. This is the code that will be used by your customer during the checkout process.
6. Write a description.
7. Various rules can be applied to the coupon. This section is where we set the conditions that need to be met for this coupon to activate.
9. For example if this coupon should only be used by the customers located in the United States, select ordercountry option from the subcondition dropdown, click on the Add link then select the country from the dropdown list.
10. Checkmark if this coupon can be combined with other coupons during the checkout.
11. Set a minimum amount of items that need to be added to the cart for this coupon to activate.
12. To set a limit on the amount of times can be used by your customers, set a value in the Max uses text field. Leave blank for unlimited usage.
13. To set a rule on how many times this coupon can be used based on the customer's credit card, set a value in the Max uses per card text field.
14. Active date sets a specific date and time when this coupon will become active.
15. Set the date and time when this coupon will expire.
16. Select the sites where this coupon will become active.