A great marketing/sales tool is Customer Rewards which as its name implies, various rewards can be provided to your customers when certain conditions are met.
In this tutorial we will use the Customer Rewards feature to provide a free product if the customer added a specific product to the cart.
1. First, let's click on the Shop tab.
2. Then click on the Customer Rewards then on the Rewards menu items.
3. And then click on the Add reward button.
4. Provide a Name for this reward. The name will be shown to the customer during the checkout process.
5. Make sure the Active option is checkmark to activate this reward.
6. Select the Site(s) were this reward will become active.
7. Set the date and time when this reward will become active.
8. We may also set a date and time when this reward will become inactive.
9. Select the Cart Modified option from the Event Type drop down.
10. Select the hasproduct option from the subcondition dropdown then click on the Add link.
11. From the next subcondition dropdown select the product option then click on the Add button.
12. Select the product that needs to be added to the cart for this reward to become active.
13. Next we need to select the Reward type. In this case we need to select the Attach free product to cart option.
14. Provide the SKU for the bonus product.