This tutorial will show you how to setup a customer reward which will encourage your customers to refer their friends in exchange for store credits.
Below are the steps your customers need take to share the referral link with their friends.
1. Click on the account link located at the top of the website.
2. Click on the Referrals link.
3. From this page your customers can share the referral link via Facebook, Twitter, email or through any other modality.
4. Your customers will be rewarded with store credit once the referred user places an order.
Now let's setup this type of customer reward using the administration interface.
1. Click on the Shop tab.
2. Click on the Customer Rewords then on the Rewords menu items.
3. Click on the Add Reward button.
4. Provide a name for this reward.
5. Checkmark to activate this reward.
6. Select the sites where this reward will be active.
7. Set a start date and time when this reward will be available to your customers.
8. Set an end time when this reword will be deactivated.
9. Select Referred user places first order from the dropdown list.
10. This sets the number of days the referred needs to place an order for the customer to receive the reward.
11. Next, select store credit from the Reward type dropdown.
12. Set the Store credit amount.