Keep your user community up to date with the latest news on your organization by using Web Cube's News feature.
Follow the step by step instructions below to create and publish a news article on your web site.
1. Click on the CMS tab.
2. Click on the News menu item.
3. Click on the Add news item.
4. Drop date is used to set a time and date when this news article will become visible to your users.
5. Checkmark the Published option to activate this article.
6. Select the sites where this News article will be shown.
Hold down the Control or Command key on a Mac to select more than one site.
7. Provide a title for your article.
8. The Slug is used to construct the URL for this news article. To give you an idea how the slug works this is how the final URL for this news article will look like: http://demo.webcubecms.net/news/2013/05/14/store-opening/. As you can see the store-opening slug was appended to the URL.
9. The Date is where you can set the publication date for this news article.
10. The Lead in is the section of the article that shows when the articles are displayed as a list.
11. Continue writing the rest of the news article in the Text box.
12. Select an existing category from the dropdown list or click on the green plus icon to create a new category.
13. You can add photos to your article by using the next News Item Photos section. All the photos added using this section will show at the top of your news article. If you would like to show photos on different parts of your article you can use the Media Uploads feature.
14. Click on the Choose File button to upload your photo.
15. Provide a title for this photo.
16. You can also write a description in the next text box.
17. Provide an alternate text for this photo. This can help with the SEO.
18. The Date sets the publication date for this photo.
19. If multiple photos are added to this news article the order value sets the order in which the photos will be displayed on the news article. Photos with lower order values will be displayed first.
20. You can also add videos to your news article using the News Item Videos section. You can add embedded videos form YouTube or Vimeo or you can upload the source video file.
21. To add an embedded video paste the share link in the Oembed code text field.
22. Click on the Choose File button if you choose to upload an video source file instead. The video file must have the .mov extension. There are no limits on the file size but there is a 30 second time out.
23. You can also provide a Thumbnail image for your video.
24. Write the video Caption in the next text box.
25. If multiple videos are added to this news article you can control the order in which the videos will be shown on your article by changing the value in the Order text field. Videos with lower order values will be shown first.
26. The Meta Data Object section is used for search engine optimization and for social media sharing.