If your company, product or services have been in the news lately the Press section is where you can keep your users up to date.
1. Click on the CMS tab.
2. Click on the Content Sections menu item.
3. Under the Press section click on the Press items menu item.
4. A list of press items will be displayed.
5. Click on the the Add press item button to create a new press item.
6. Complete the form to create a press item.
7. If a drop date is specified this will not be published until this date has come to past.
8. Check Published to publish this press item on your web site.
9. Provide a title for you press item.
10. Provide a slug. The slug is used to construct the web address for your press item.
11. Provide a short description.
12. Provide a Date for your press item.
13. In the Text box write a full description.
14. Select a category or click on the green + icon to create a new category for this press item.
15. Select on which site this press item will be shown. Hold down the Control or Command key to select more than one site.
How to: Add a press item photo
1. Now that we have all the settings for our press item lest's add some photos. Click on the Choose File and select an image from your computer.
2. This is the title for you photo.
3. Write a description for your photo.
4. Select a Date for your photo.
5. If the press item contains multiple photos this is where we specify in which oder the photos will be displayed. Photos with lower oder numbers will have a higher priority.
6. To add another press item photo click on the Add another Press Item Photo button.
How to: Add press item videos
Videos can also be added to press items.
1. If you have a video hosted on YouTube you can display the video in this press item by providing video share link in the Oembed code text box.
2. If the video resides on your computer click on the Choose File to upload the video to the server.
3. Click on the Choose File to upload a image thumbnail for your video.
4. Provide a description for your video.
5. If multiple videos are associated with this press item this is where we specify in which order the videos will be displayed. The videos with the lowest order numbers will have the highest priority.
6. To add multiple videos click on the Add another Press Item Video button.
How to: Add meta data objects
If this page should contain specific meta tags to help with the search engine optimization click on the Show link found by Meta Data Object : seo text.
Fill up the form with the appropriate information.
If this press item will be shared with social networks like Facebook you can customize what information will be displayed in the social networks by clicking on the Show link found by the Meta Data Object: opengraph text and filling up the form with the appropriate information.
How to: Add press item products
If this press item is regarding one of your products you can associate a product or multiple products with this press item.
1. Click on the magnifying glass to select a product.
2. Click on a product link to sect a product.