In this tutorial we will demonstrate how to add a template residing on the file system to the DB Templates. On this example we will add flatpages/default.html template used by the flat pages.
1. Click on the CMS tab.
2. Click on the Templates menu items.
3. Click on the Add template button.
4. Write the path to the template to be added to the DB Templates.
5. Leave the Content text box empty.
6. Select the sites where this template will be active. Hold down Control, or Command on Mac, to select more than one site then click on the blue arrow to add the selected sites to the Chosen sites column.
7. Click on the Save and continue editing button.
8. Customize the template as needed.
To learn more about the DB Templates click here.