This tutorial will describe how to associate a coupon code to an affiliate and how to create a commission definition.
Coupons can be used by affiliates to generate sales and receive commissions. The commission value can be specified by using commission definitions.
1. Click on the eCommerce tab.
2. Click on the Affiliate coupons menu items.
3. A new page will open.
4. Click on the Add affiliate coupon button.
5. A new page will open.
Now let's associate an affiliate with a coupon so every time a customer is using a coupon the affiliate is awarded a commission.
6. Click on the magnifying glass.
7. Click on an affiliate link or on the Add affiliate button to select an affiliate.
8. Click on the magnifying glass.
9. Click on a coupon name to select an existing coupon or on the Add coupon button to create a new coupon and select it.
How to: Create a coupon commission definition
Now that we associated a coupon with an affiliate it's time to specify how much commission the affiliate must receive for the sale.
10. Provide a name for the commission.
11. Select a value. This value depends on the commission type you will select on the next step. For example if the commission should be 10% of the sale then add the number 10 in the Value field and then select the percentage option from the commission type field.
12. Select a commission type from the dropdown field. There are two options Percentage and Fixed Amount.
13. Select the currency in which the affiliate will be paid with.
14. This specifies the minimum order value for the commission to be awarded to the affiliate.